How to Respond to a Psychic Attack
What is psychic attack?
In essence it’s when you get hit with strong, focused, negative energy that immediately throws you off-balance. It’s typically felt emotionally (upset, distress, depression, insecurity, or a consistent feeling of disquiet or ill at ease), but can also be experienced physically (in the form of headaches, tightness/discomfort in the solar plexus, or nausea), mentally (anxiety, fear, or paranoia), or even spiritually (nightmares, blocked intuition, seeing dark spots out of the corners of your eye).
The energy most often comes from another person, but occasionally can come from a space or a spirit source, too.
The important thing to understand about psychic attack is that it’s usually not intentional: people are beautiful, wonderful, emotional creatures, and most of them have not awakened to the fact that their energy (thoughts, fixations, feelings, or intentions) can affect another person.
Some of them, usually bullies, abusers, or manipulators have a sense of this and use it to their advantage. And yes, there are those who are fully aware of this phenomenon and will stoop to practicing witchcraft or sorcery on another, but that’s relatively rare in comparison.
Just as strong, intense, focused rays of the sun can burn you, so can like energy from a person when it’s being directed your way. The important thing to note is that it’s just energy, and energy responds to energy. If you allow yourself to become fearful or a victim, you’re tuning into a frequency of energy that only invites more of the same.
Getting angry or blaming someone for the attack won’t help you either. It’s when you realize that it’s just energy, and that you can shift, transform, or block it out, that you can then come into a place of power.
So first and foremost: recognize what’s happening, acknowledge that it’s just energy, and then take loving, proactive, caring steps to address it.
Here’s what to do when you’ve been hit with a psychic attack:
- Acknowledge that it’s just energy. This is important because it shifts you out of fear or victim mentality, and into a place of discernment and personal power.
- Clear your energy. Use whatever you can: burn sacred smoke, pass a selenite stick through your aura, take a salt bath, shower using baking soda instead of soap, or spray yourself with an aura clearing spray. I also find it’s helpful to clear the space I’m in, or was in, at the time I first felt the attack.
- Ground your energy. When you’re grounded and centered in your body, you increase the flow of chi through your system, boost your vitality, and in turn, strengthen the natural defenses of your aura. You’re far less vulnerable when you’re grounded. Sit by a tree, go for a walk, hold grounding crystals, or do breathing exercises to bring your awareness fully into your body. Or you can try my free 5 minute meditation here.
- Shield your energy. Whether you’re using crystals, oils, visualization techniques, or prayer, tuning into benevolent frequencies will help to shield your aura from psychic harm. Get my “Psychic Shield: Energy Protection for Healers & Empaths” course to learn how to do that in a practical and effective way.
- Eat something! Eating food that’s healthy, fresh, and takes longer to digest (high-fiber plant-based food or meat is the best choice). This supports your level of grounding and vitality and helps the spirit to feel sustained.
- Change your clothes. As soon as you can, change out of your clothes (yes right down to your underwear) and put on some fresh duds. When you launder your clothing be sure to toss in a handful of sea salt with the detergent to clear the energy.
- Think happy thoughts! When you focus on happy, joyful, loving, abundant, or sweet things (puppies! cupcakes!! babies!!!), you’re tuning your energy to higher, loving vibes that naturally repel lower, darker frequencies. Whether it’s a pleasant memory, or enjoying something fun in the moment (like watching a funny movie or dancing to upbeat music), find your happy and enjoy yourself.
The bottom line is: if you feel you’ve been hit with a psychic attack, shift immediately into loving self-care mode.
Do what you need to do to clear and shield yourself from the energy, and get on with your day. If you feel there’s a consistent problem, then you may have to seek out the help of a healer or shaman (and also look at your own shadow self!), but most cases of psychic attack are singular and wear off with time as the person cools down and shifts their attention.
Need to learn how to shield and protect your energy better? Check out my 4-hour video course "Psychic Shield: Energy Protection for Healers & Empaths"