Clear the Energy of Your Space in 5 Simple Steps
This Saturday I’ll be online teaching part 1 of my “Psychic Shield: Energy Protection for Healers & Empaths” which will focus on teaching people who are sensitive to energy, or who do energy work, how to shield their auras effectively from psychic/energetic harm.
In my experience, though, that's not always enough: While having your aura shielded and protected from lower and/or harmful energy is an essential part of self-care, you also need to be mindful of the quality of the energy in your space.
Your space, after all, is an extension of yourself. If your space is filled with dense, heavy, stagnant, and negative energy, then it will have a dense, heavy, stagnant, and negative effect on every part of your life.
Your space affects how you feel; if you don't feel happy, healthy, or safe in a space, you're unlikely to thrive there. And if you want your home to be your sanctuary, or your workspace to be your power place, then you definitely need to know how to clear and shield it from energy that can throw it, and consequently you, out of balance.
For years my crystal healing practice was right in the middle of midtown Manhattan. The HBO offices, corporate banks, high-end hotels and radio towers were all around me, and along with the din from the street below, there was the rising geopathic stress from the subways and disrupted ley lines underneath. Holy moly!!!
It wasn't enough for me to just shield my aura, I had to keep the energy of my healing space clear so that my work would flow with the highest vibrations, my business would prosper, and so that my clients would be held in a safe space while they were there.
Needless to say, I had to have my space clearing and shielding game on point every single day.
On top of that, being a sensitive, empathic and hard-working energy healer in NYC meant that I needed my home to be my sanctuary. I needed to be able to keep all that NYC energy at bay, feel safe from psychic attack and spirit disruption during my sleep, and keep my space clear so that my intuition and connection to Source would remain the same.
I freely admit that I was inconsistent with this for a while. I was tired, busy, and wanted to just be able to relax when I came home. But once I got things simplified into an effective clearing and shielding routine, it all fell in to place.
Here's how to clear the energy in your space in 5 simple steps:
- Remove trash and clutter.
- Shake a rattle (or even a jar with pennies, screws or seeds in it) all around the space in a counter-clockwise direction, including in cupboards, closets, and the nooks and crannies.
- Crack open a window and light up some sacred smoke (sage, palo santo, or copal resin are all good choices) and waft the smoke throughout the whole space.
- Light a candle and walk through the space in a clockwise direction, repeating a blessing or prayer, or while chanting a mantra (I liked to use Om Mani Padme Hum when I was doing pro clearings in NYC).
- Play a singing bowl or use bells or a chime to seal it all in.
- Extra option: Light some sweetgrass or a sweet-smelling candle to invite goodness back in.
Once you have your space cleared, learning how to shield it will help it stay clear for a longer period of time, and will also enable you to hold your space as a sanctuary or power place.
Learn how to shield your space in my 4-hour video course "Psychic Shield: Energy Protection for Healers & Empaths".