Divine DIY Aura Scrub
Well the holidays are upon us! I know many of you might already be maxed out $$-wise from shopping, travel bookings and the like. And if you're empathic or sensitive to energy, you're no doubt coping with the vibes of other people's stress and response to tragic world events too, not to mention your own emotional energy!
I know that from my own experience, making time for self-care becomes extra challenging during busy times. And if you're traveling, it can be difficult to maintain even a simple energy clearing routine if you're staying in a place that won't allow sacred smoke (most hotels, for instance). Maybe there's a clean bathtub and time for a quick soak, maybe there isn't.
So what to do?
I like to layer in different energy clearing techniques depending on my mood, level of fatigue, and what I have time for. I also like to get the most healing bang for my buck. So one day I whipped up this aura clearing scrub with added herbs and aromatherapy oils, and it's been one of my staples ever since!
It's simple and quick, creates very little mess to make, and cheap. It also makes a nice gift if you package it nicely ;)
Here's what you need for the scrub:
- a clean glass jar with a lid
- a pot and shallow stainless steel bowl to act as a double-boiler
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 1/8 cup baking soda
- 1/8 cup coarse sea salt
Here's what you need for the aromatherapy options:
- 1/8 cup rose petals and 5 drops of geranium essential oil (aura + heart chakra healing) OR
- 1/8 cup rosemary leaves and 5 drops of peppermint oil (reviving + protecting) OR
- 1/8 lavender buds and 5 drops sweet orange oil (refreshing + vibration-raising)
Here's how you make it:
- Boil water in your pot, place a bowl on top of the pot (make sure it's not touching the water) and melt your coconut oil in the bowl.
Remove the bowl from the pot, and stir in your salt, baking soda, herbs and essential oil.
Pour the contents into your glass jar.
Allow it to cool, stirring it periodically to disperse the ingredients (I put it in the fridge to accelerate this process).
And voila, you're done!
I prefer to use the first method, as I find that the essence of the herbs infuses the warm oil better, but if you don't have time, you can do the following:
- Soften your coconut oil in the microwave, then place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Mix until combined. Spoon into your glass jar.
Whichever way you use, this is a quick and simple scrub to make that will keep you feeling and vibe-ing clean, smelling great, and with an uplifted spirit during the holidays!
You can put it in a plastic jar instead of it you're traveling with it. One note: because it's made with oil, it can makes things slippery in your shower, so please use it mindfully.